Sorry about neglecting this blog for the last couple of weeks. Things have been a bit mental, but in a good way.
I have been a bit busy with the radio show which was great fun. For those of you who have never been on radio, it’s a bit like this:
- You get to the very small and plain-looking studios, meet up with your co-hosts, sit on an ugly but comfy couch and freak out until it’s you’re time to go on. Last minute plans are optional.
- You spend the next little while setting up and perving on the hot breakfast show host, who is probably laughing at you and your ability to freak out 10 seconds before the song’s end.
- You realise that the studio is very stuffy and that one of the CD players isn’t working properly. Neither is one of the microphones.
- You talk about random shit and then play songs. During songs by Passion Pit, Manchester Orchestra and Pnau, you must dance around the studio or a least sing along.
- Freak out every time you realise a track has less than a minute to go and push the wrong button at least twice.
- Laugh at the random and often dodgy text messages people send in and forget that you’ve just spent two hours on air and everyday say “is it 12 already”
Anyway, I can now apply to co-host a show but my parents are being fun police. They are of the belief that year 12 is the end of the world and not getting above 90 will result in completely failing at life. Maybe I should change my name to my VCAA number. I think they’d appreciate that.
On the blogging front, I have some reviews for you that I should hopefully have up sometimes soon, including Vampire Weekend’s new album and an album by a great local singer-songwriter called Mezz Coleman.